German carrier airberlin has officially joined the oneworld alliance this week, bringing a bit of good news to the group which has seen its share of trouble the past couple months. Airberlin has been moving towards this point for quite some time, with its bilateral relationships with other alliance carriers being built up recently; now all alliance benefits will also be available.
In recognition of the carrier joining the alliance many of the members are offering double miles promotions for flights on airberlin. They generally require registration prior to flight so make sure to check the details of your program (AA promo info here) for flights between now and May 15, 2012.
Similarly, airberlin is offering a double miles bonus for flights on all other oneworld partners over the same timeframe (AB promo info here). That’s actually a rather broad promo; not too shabby.
- Kingfisher suspended from IATA clearinghouse, delayed from oneworld
- Malev ceases operations; all planes grounded
- Kingfisher set to join oneworld. If they can stay in business.
- Etihad invades Germany, buys controlling interest of airberlin
- Air Berlin now an AAdvantage partner
Never miss another post: Sign up for email alerts and get only the content you want direct to your inbox.