We faced a couple mechanicals getting this week’s episode recorded, but are willing to admit that truth, rather than blaming weather, unlike some airlines.
Like what you hear? Support the Show and get early access to episodes.
Also in this episode:
- British Airways drama, including:
- The A380 is coming back, as are a bunch of US routes
- Gatwick short-haul might not really be dead after all
- A very bad day trying to get to Hong Kong
- Southwest Airlines‘ operational meltdown last weekend
- A big biometrics push by AirAsia
- Tata buying Air India, and the mess that it includes
- New vaccinated travel lanes added for Singapore, and a demand spike that crashed the company website
- Spirit Airlines launching service in Miami, FL and Manchester, NH last week
- Old UA 747 moving to a Seattle mixed use building
- Air Belgium gets its first new plane, an A330neo that is part of a significant fleet refresh
For our Patreon subscribers we have bonus content, including:
- AmEx closing a bunch of Membership Rewards accounts
- United Airlines‘ December schedule includes an interesting collection of point to point routes
- The new Dulles Polaris lounge is finally opening later this month, and some others should be reopening soon
And plenty more. Enjoy the show!
Never miss another post: Sign up for email alerts and get only the content you want direct to your inbox.