October 30 – November 8, 2011
My first trip to mainland China and, more importantly, flying on the 787 in its first week of commercial service.
- Miyajima’s temples: taking the edge off of Hiroshima
- Remembering the destruction of Hiroshima
- Checking in: JAL City hotel, Haneda
- Checking in: TianAn Rega Hotel, Beijing
- Peking duck as a local specialty
- How do you spell VDB in Japanese?
- Why I probably won’t be buying gogo again any time soon
- Climbing the Stairway to (Temple of) Heaven
- Ramada gets lost in California
- Living the Dream(liner): My first 787 flight
- Living the Dream(liner): The Prequel
- The Forbidden City is neither a city nor forbidden: Discuss.
- To the top of the Great Wall of China!
- You know the drill, don’t you?
- Well, that’s not how I meant to get to Seattle
- In the news with my Dreamliner adventure
- The challenges of acquiring a Chinese Visa
- Booking my first 787 Dreamliner flight