When JetBlue introduced the Mosaic program to TrueBlue last October there was only one way to get the status: Spend at least $4,000 on JetBlue flights in a year (and $5,000 if you don’t have 30 segments). Today they’ve introduced another option and, while it is still tied directly to spend, it may be a bit easier to achieve. Rather that taking a year to reach the full spend number there is a 90 day challenge option available.
The challenge requires a spend of $1,250 in 90 days to qualify and, unlike some similar challenges you do not get the benefits of the status during the trial period (at least that I can tell from the T&Cs). Also, JetBlue is only offering the challenge to customers who have elite status in the four major legacy programs:
You must be currently enrolled in one of the following airline loyalty programs with the specified status:
- American Airlines®: AAdvantage Gold®, AAdvantage Platinum®, AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
- Delta®: SkyMiles Medallion® Silver, SkyMiles Mediallion® Gold, SkyMiles Mediallion® Platinum or SkyMiles Medallion® Diamond
- US Airways®: Dividend Miles: Preferred Silver, Preferred Gold, Preferred Platinum or Preferred Chairman
- United® Mileage Plus: Premier Silver, Premier Gold, Premier Platinum, Premier 1k®
A bit interesting that they aren’t looking at Virgin America or Southwest, especially given the similarities in the programs. Also worth noting is that they are asking for up to 2 weeks to approve a challenge application and the trips don’t count until the application is approved. As previously reported, the Mosaic benefits include:
- 100% bonus on base flight points. This translates to an additional three points per dollar spent on flights.
- Free Even More™ Speed
- Early boarding (even for travel companions!)
- Access to a dedicated Customer Service line available 24/7
- A second bag checked free
- Ability to use TrueBlue points to purchase an Even More™ Space seats
- No change/cancel fees on tickets.
With the impending changes to the United Mileage Plus program I might be shifting some of my travel spend around a bit more. I didn’t think that Mosaic was ever particularly likely for me but this certainly makes more it attainable if I want it.