The merger is officially complete. The papers are signed. There are aircraft out flying with the new livery. There is a new safety video featuring CEO Jeff Smisek talking about the new airline and the merger process.
Most importantly for day one, however, is the announcement that the United Airlines Red Carpet Clubs will be offering complimentary wifi and adult beverages to all customers, taking on the policy that Continental has had for many years. Much more customer-friendly on that front.
There are plenty of other things still in the works, from upgrade and premium seating reciprocity for elites (nearly there but a few quirks still) to a fully integrated operations (many moths away). But things are moving along smoothly so far.
If you happen to be at an airport where both carriers operate today, keep an eye out for a mixed staff party. I just saw the one at DCA getting set up.
- Sneak peak at the first new United plane
- American opens the bar at Admirals Clubs October 1
- Continental/United merger approved by DoJ
- Continental and United announce reciprocity – aka The other shoe drops
- Thus ends the Continental brand
- New United to fly as Continental after all
Never miss another post: Sign up for email alerts and get only the content you want direct to your inbox.
how many “moths” are in a year
Comments are closed.