I know that I have not been posting much in the way of "points" news here lately. That’s not because there is no news – far from it, actually. Truth is I’m moving more of the points content over to the PointsHoarder site. I’ve long debated the fact that I basically run something like three or four different blogs here all worked into one and sometimes I find that a challenge to keep focused and consistent. I’m not giving up on points or the frequent flyer game and I’m definitely not going to stop sharing deals and promotions when I find them. But, more often than not, they’re going to start out on the PointsHoarder site rather than here. I have no idea if this is a good idea or not (and hopefully some of y’all will let me know your thoughts on the move in the comments) but I am headed down that path, at least for now. I think that the end result will be better content, both here and there. We’ll see how well that plays out.
That said, there are a few deals and promotion which came up in the past 10 days or so definitely worth noting. If you’re reading about them here for the first time I’d be a bit surprised as I don’t think any of them are new, but still some decent (and some great) things going on out there. Here are highlights:
- Registration now open for Starwood’s Better by the Night promotion – Been under a rock? Just got out of ICU? Why else would you not know about this?? For folks tied to SPG it is a decent promo. Not enough to sway my stays, but there it is. Have fun.
- Who ever heard of promotions for flying on a partner rather than the program carrier? Apparently oneworld is a big fan of this sort of thing; their latest version is all about flights on the JAL 787 routes to the USA. US Airways is playing the game, too, with a sliding scale of bonus points available, up to 25,000, for flying on Star Alliance partners.
- Speaking of US Airways, who wants double points? Who wants to read the fine print and juggle which CC to use based on which type of points you want and what the end goal is? Hopefully you answered yes to both questions. If not you run a very real risk of not getting anything from the deal.
There’s more over there but these are the main ones worth highlighting. And there will continue to be more there over time. Check it out (and give the podcast a listen, too).
- Earn double AAdvantage points on JAL 787 flights
- US Airways offers bonus miles for flying their partners
- Registration now open for Starwood’s Better by the Night promotion
- More double miles options from US Airways, with a catch
Never miss another post: Sign up for email alerts and get only the content you want direct to your inbox.