Starwood Preferred Guest has launched a new promotion for seven of their resort properties, offering up a 35% discount on redemption costs from now through 31 March 2014. The rates still aren’t cheap by any means, but the discount is certainly a nice offer. Bookings must be made by phone to receive the discounted rate.
Here are the participating properties and rates:
- W Retreat and Spa Maldives- 58,500 Starpoints a night (previous 90,000)
- Le Meridien Bora Bora- 39,000 Starpoints a night (previous 60,000)
- Mystique, Santorini Greece- 39,000 Starpoints a night (previous 60,000)
- Al Maha, Dubai, UAE- 39,000 Starpoints a night (previous 60,000)
- W Retreat Koh Samui, Thailand- 26,000 Starpoints a night (previous 40,000)
- Pine Cliffs Residence, Portugal- 26,000 Starpoints a night (previous 40,000)
- Vana Belle, Koh Samui, Thailand- 26,000 Starpoints a night (previous 40,000)
Perhaps most surprising to me is the duration of the promotion. This isn’t a couple weeks or months where the discount is available; it is a full 9 months. Also somewhat interesting is that none of these properties appear to have changed award category this past March when the latest program revamp occurred.
Definitely a nice change if this type of resort is on your radar and you’ve got a ton of SPG points lying around. And remember that, even with this new discount, the Cash & Points option might still be a better value.
Never miss another post: Sign up for email alerts and get only the content you want direct to your inbox.