Flying on the new United Airlines Haneda from San Francisco before the end of the year? You’re in line for bonus miles.
United announced up to double miles on the route today based on the fare purchased. Registration is required.
The bonus levels vary by fare class purchased, with the cheapest fares earning only 25% additional miles while full-fare or premium cabin fares will earn the full 100% bonus.
- Double award miles in United Global FirstSM, United BusinessFirst® and United Economy® fare classes F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y and B
- 50% additional award miles in United Economy fare classes M, E, U, H, Q and V
- 25% additional award miles in United Economy fare classes K, L, T, S and W
Also worth noting that the bonus only applies to round-trip travel. The company has become even more explicit on this in the fine print than with prior promotions.
- A minimum of two flight segments between San Francisco and Tokyo Haneda flown during qualifying period are required.
- The award mile bonus will be posted for every two qualifying flight segments flown during the promotion period in accordance with these terms and conditions. A “segment” is defined as one takeoff and one landing.
- Connections into and out of San Francisco are allowed. However the bonus is only valid for segments between San Francisco and Tokyo Haneda.
Finally, the promo is valid for all tickets purchased after 1 September 2014 so most passengers should be covered, even if tickets were purchased before the promo was announced.
Never miss another post: Sign up for email alerts and get only the content you want direct to your inbox.