Aircraft engines are causing more than their share of issues these days. Failures on the ground and in the air are raising lots of questions. We’re mostly about asking them, not answering them in this episode.
Also in this episode:
- Sun Country Stranded Passengers (interlining with AS still place)
- We now some some bits about the new Marriott loyalty program. Who got screwed?
- Some links for the engine issues stories, including the 787s, 737s, and private jets.
- United just took delivery of its first 737 MAX 9
- A question came in from listener Jonathan about AAdvantage routing rules and we’ve got the easy answer as well as a more involved discussion about choosing programs and optimizing efforts. Including some thoughts on when over-optimizing is a bad plan.
- United seems to finally be hitting its stride in Polaris retrofits. It will still take a couple years to complete the rollout and Premium Plus is now part of the work, too.
- Aviation relations between the US and Russia appear strained, including overflight rights and Visas for Russian crews
- Swaziland gets a new name
- Cal Jet Shutting Down to Grow
- Miami passenger tasered, taunts cops
Also, Stephan really likes this GIF:
Never miss another post: Sign up for email alerts and get only the content you want direct to your inbox.