13 Responses

  1. Chris
    Chris at |

    Mind sharing where you found the cheap flights to both HNL and OGG?

  2. Darren
    Darren at |

    It figures I’ve been flying for the past 48 hours and haven’t been able to scope out or book mileage runs. Can’t wait to get home late tonight and see what I missed today that got you these great trips! Congrats!

  3. Alan
    Alan at |

    good job, and nice routings. envy your travel.

  4. Mike
    Mike at |

    To be honest – what’s the point of getting status if you don’t fly enough with actual reason to get it without mileage runs??? Sounds quite unecological to me, but since when do Americans care about the environment…?

  5. fenx
    fenx at |

    Oh, my goodness…I think I’ll visit 48,49 and 50 in one swoop.

    If you do make the trip on 3/3 and venture outside security I owe you a large large beverage.

  6. Eric
    Eric at |

    Unecological? Oh spare me. The plane would fly with or without Seth, what a silly comment.

  7. Andrew
    Andrew at |

    I think that I’ve settled on 6/18… now to cancel all those other ones that I really shouldn’t fly.

  8. J.
    J. at |

    Thanks for posting this so UAL quickly pulled the deal. Your almost as bad as the Dog.

  9. HansGolden
    HansGolden at |

    Yup. It was live for a looong time, you just had to be flexible with dates because space was drying up. A friend notified me after seeing your Twitter tip (good precursor tip method, btw). Thanks!

    Booked two CLT-EWR-HNL-PHX vv. (each time with about 8 hr in PHX) RTs back to back. I can upgrade EWR-HNL vv. with my CR-1s after March 3 when they convert to RPUs.
    Thanks again!

  10. HansGolden
    HansGolden at |

    Careful about overzealous agents trying to re-fare this when you try to apply RPU over phone. UA.com isn’t working quite right yet for applying RPUs. The UAgent I spoke with tried to re-fare mine in conjunction with her rate desk, but I turned her down. I’ll wait until automated system is working properly. I’ve never heard of these jokers trying to re-fare something that was properly ticketed under a “no routing restrictions” with “max two transfers”. I know they try to re-fare FDs when you try to upgrade, don’t really blame them there, but if we followed their fare rules without forcing some third carrier to violate them (I even booked on UA.com) they have absolutely no right to try to re-fare. I have a copy of the fare rules and I am totally within them. But anyway, just a warning that it’s probably best to wait and use automated system.