Welcome to the new United.com website. For folks used to the old continental.com site things should look pretty similar. For folks surprised to find that things are different this week, well, surprise! There are a few common features that are very useful to be able to do and which are not particularly well documented. So here’s the documentation. I’ve got a couple of these posts in the works and if there are any particular steps you are having trouble with let me know and I’ll put something together for them.
When you’re ready to spend some of those hard-earned points or upgrade credits on someone other than yourself there are a few extra steps involved in the process. You can call in and an agent will be able to handle it, or you can do it online. These are the steps for handling it online.
- Log in to the site as yourself.
- Go to "My Reservations" on the site. At the bottom of that page is a form where you can put in a PNR and passenger last name.
- Fill that in with the info of the passenger you want to sponsor.
- Below the list of flights is a button to redeem an upgrade:
- Click that and you’ll have the option to use either miles or your certs to process the upgrade:
At this point the flight should clear into the upgraded space if the inventory is available (see here for how to search that out). If the upgrade inventory is not available you should see an additional line in the reservation with the notation that the segment is waitlisted.
Never miss another post: Sign up for email alerts and get only the content you want direct to your inbox.