Take 10 minutes out of your day to watch this timelapse.
Composed of ~80,000 photos it shows life at sea on a container ship, traveling from the Red Sea to Hong Kong via Sri Lanka and Singapore over a 30 day span. It is stunning.
Some highlights in the movie, as identified by the creator:
- 0:32 Milky Way
- 0:53 Sirius Star (I think) Correction: Jupiter the planet according to some viewers
- 1:17 Approaching Port of Colombo
- 1:45 Cargo Operation
- 2:08 Departure Colombo with Rainstorm
- 2:29 Beautiful Sunrise
- 3:13 Lightning Storm at Malacca Strait and Singapore Strait
- 3:29 Clear night sky Milky Way with lightning storm
- 4:01 Camera getting soaked
- 5:09 Arrival Singapore
- 5:56 Departure Singapore
- 6:20 Moon-lit night sky
- 6:48 Another Sunrise
- 8:30 Headed due north and you can see Ursa Major rotating neatly around Polaris.
- 8:36 Squid Boats
- 8:54 Chaotic Traffic
- 9:15 Arrival Hong Kong
The night scenes are some of my favorites, as are the bits in port as the containers come and go off the ship.
I’ve shot a few timelapses over the years and even think some of mine are pretty good. But this one is spectacular.
Never miss another post: Sign up for email alerts and get only the content you want direct to your inbox.