United Airlines took an equity stake in biometric identity company CLEAR, with plans to expand the number of airports where the service is available and increase enrollment by giving top elites free access.
Like what you hear? Support the Show and get early access to episodes.
Also in this episode:
- A new Chinese airline is now flying the ARJ21, a frankenplane from COMAC (and McDonnell-Douglas)
- The TWA Hotel in NYC is now charging for access to its pool deck, upsetting some plane spotters
- Air Antwerp is bringing the Fokker 50 back to operate from its eponymous airport. Formerly of VLM, perhaps the KLM/CityJet ownership can make it work better this time around.
- Southwest Airlines is leaving Newark, blaming the MAX grounding among other things. Could it also be that United is pushing them out.
- Do you tip at hotels? Should you? How much? Does it depend on services used/rendered?
- Allegiant has “Extra” legroom on some planes, now adding a free drink, too. Worth the upcharge?
- WOW Air’s assets maybe have a new owner and the stories about her are insane.
And plenty more. Enjoy the show!
Never miss another post: Sign up for email alerts and get only the content you want direct to your inbox.