Check you email inbox (or just plug in your MileagePlus number here): United Airlines is offering a 50% bonus on elite qualification earning for some members. I’m not qualified and neither is my wife but a few folks are reporting that the promo is valid for them. And while it is only valid for new ticket purchases (not too surprising) and through December 7, 2012, it is also valid for all revenue fare buckets, not just the most expensive ones. It actually looks like the promo text was originally only for the higher fares and the lower ones were added as an afterthought. But they’re there which is good for those targeted.
Among the fine print:
- Offer valid for members originally targeted, including original recipients of the email invitation.
- To qualify for the offer, register on united.com, then purchase and complete paid qualifying trips anywhere United flies.
- Offer valid for tickets purchased between September 13, 2012 and December 7, 2012 for travel completed between September 13, 2012 and December 7, 2012.
- On paid qualifying flights members can earn 50% additional bonus PQM for tickets purchased in United Global First, United First, United BusinessFirst, United Business and full-fare United Economy (F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y and B booking classes), and 50% bonus PQM for tickets purchased in discounted United Economy (M, E, U, H, Q, V, W, S, T, L, G, N and K booking classes).
- This offer does not apply to Premier qualifying segments, class-of-service bonus miles, class-of-service PQM, Premier bonus miles, redeemable bonus miles or other promotional PQM.
- PQM cannot be redeemed for award travel.
- Offer is not valid on United-marketed code-share flights operated by other carriers.
- Offer is not valid on government fares.
- Offer is not combinable and can be earned an unlimited number of times.
- Bonus will be posted to the member’s MileagePlus account at the end of the promotion period, and by December 31, 2012.
Check it out; maybe you got lucky.
Never miss another post: Sign up for email alerts and get only the content you want direct to your inbox.