United Airlines is now matching the American Airlines promo for double miles on flights to Mexico until November 13, 2012. The AA deal started just over a month ago and United was a bit slow on the draw to catch up. Plus the United version is limited to only the first eight (8) trips south of the border while the AA version has no limits. And the United version requires that the ticket be purchased after October 10th, the day the promo launched; tickets purchased prior will not earn the bonus per the T&C.
Qualifying routes are:
- Aguascalientes (AGU) – Houston
- León/Guanajuato (BJX) – Houston, Los Angeles
- Chihuahua (CUU) – Houston
- Guadalajara (GDL) – Houston, Los Angeles, San Francisco
- Mexico City (MEX) – Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, New York/Newark, San Francisco, Washington, DC
- Morelia (MLM) – Houston
- Monterrey (MTY) – Houston
- Querétaro (QRO) – Houston
- Torreón (TRC) – Houston
- San Luis Potosi (SLP) – Houston
- Veracruz (VER) – Houston
- Cancún (CUN) – Chicago, Cleveland, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, New York/Newark, San Francisco, Washington, DC
- Cozumel (CZM) – Houston
- Mazatlán (MZT) – Houston
- Puerto Vallarta (PVR) – Chicago, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, New York/Newark, San Francisco
- San José Del Cabo (SJD) – Chicago, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, New York/Newark, San Francisco
- Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo (ZIH) – Houston
And I really thought that the old Continental route map out of Houston had a few more random dirt strips on it. Apparently not quite as extensive as I thought it was.
Hat tip to Brendan for noticing the new promo on the UA site.
Never miss another post: Sign up for email alerts and get only the content you want direct to your inbox.
I just bought tickets to MEX from EWR this morning before seeing this. Is there a way to get those extra miles now?
I think you’ll be OK, Matty, so long as you register prior to travel. Especially if it is done same-day I doubt there will be a problem. Also, the terms say that you have to register before travel, not before buying the tickets. Finally, if you really are concerned about it and if you can find the same fare still you should be in the 24-hour free cancel window.
But I’d just register now and go with it.
I count at least 29 Mexican destinations from Houston on the United route map, so I’m not sure why only 17 are listed in this promo. Some of those could be code shares, but I can’t think of any airline United is in bed with that would fly to obscure cities in Mexico.
Not all the Mexican destinations are participating. I assume they still fly to HUX.
Comments are closed.