No, we’re not the first people to make that joke about a trip to Kathmandu (and beyond in Nepal). But Seth is there now and having way too much fun so we’re talking about it, including the different types of hotels and tour options and how to get over some travel fears it might cause.
Like what you hear? Support the Show and get early access to episodes.
Also in this episode:
- Emirates placed/refined some orders – both Boeing and Airbus – at the Dubai Air Show and they raise questions about its fleet planning process
- The 737 MAX is still a mess, as are aircraft engines. Can the MAX avoid the DC-10 experience? And why was Muilenburg so bad testifying in Congress last month?
- Chinese airline Juneyao will add a 5th freedom route Helsinki to Manchester which is an interesting choice but doesn’t get us very excited
- The AirAsia HQ is pretty cool. The company’s decision to launch ticket sales for third party airlines is more confusing, though.
- Avatar Airlines (re)applied for an operating certificate and plans to fly 747s all over the USA at super low CASM so its low fares can still make money. But there’s plenty of hypocrisy in the business model and marketing message.
- Stephan and I have thoughts about visiting Singapore
- Seth shares some tales from a week exploring Nepal
Enjoy the show!
Tales from our South Asia Adventures
- Six new (to me) airlines booked; more to come!
- An Amazing South Asia Adventure: Introduction
- A love/hate relationship with Singapore
- A Kuala Lumpur visit that was not to be
Never miss another post: Sign up for email alerts and get only the content you want direct to your inbox.